This document contains the detailed What’s New log for Net Control 2 version 11.0. The document includes only major improvements.
[Updated] Remote Desktop Viewer:
- faster loading;
- better quality of picture in stretched mode;
- updated full screen mode;
- remote clipboard operations are enabled by default.
[Updated] PRO Edition can use Windows logins for authentication teachers on Connection Server.
Net Control 2 PRO Edition can use Active Directory database to authenticate teachers on Connection Server by Windows login or a domain user group. For example, if all teachers of an organization belong to one AD user group (e.g. “teachers”), adding this user group to the teachers list in Connection Server Management Console, will enable access of all teachers of the domain to the teacher console at once.
[Updated] Gallery tool:
- quick control mode: instructors are able to control student computers with mouse and keyboard just by clicking thumbnails in Gallery tool;
- full screen mode;
- quick switching between computers;
[Improved] Internet Restrictions tool:
the software uses the updated Internet Restrictions engine that makes possible controlling all Internet browsers (combined IE Plugin and Protocol Layer Mode);
Co-Play tool can copy files to students before playing them on student computers;
[New] New, completely redesigned Whiteboard tool:
- teachers can edit drawn objects (figures), move them on the canvas;
- add text to each object;
- in one click add graphic objects from the library;
- in one click add mathematic symbols from the library;
- teacher can join students to a Whiteboard session after the session has began, new students will see the same Whiteboard canvas as others;
- teacher can easily insert graphic files to the Whiteboard, a screenshot of desktop, change backgrounds, paste files from Clipboard;
- add shadow effects, rotate and resize objects in a click;
- record actions to a file for further playback;
- replay Whiteboard files;
- use color palette of 16mln colors and transparency effects;
- Whiteboard may be shown on student computers in full-screen mode.
[New] Grades tool:
- give grades to students as various graphic objects (stars, flags, smiles etc.) or text (A, B, C, 1, 2, 3 etc.);
- add text comments to each grade;
- ability to keep multiple grades for each student;
- send grades to individual or all students, the grades with teacher comments will be displayed in the Student Console;
- save or print the grade table;
- grades are automatically stored in current Journal;
create lesson plans as a timed set of events or tasks: in the process of lesson the Planner, according to the schedule, will display comments, run standard tools and commands or execute a recorded earlier macro command.
[Improved] Completely re-designed Quiz Constructor:
- teachers now can faster create quizzes that consist of simple questions: new table view makes possible add and edit multiple questions at a time;
- updated custom layout editor;
- teachers can link quizzes with multimedia files and web-resources;
- quiz questions may be expored to HTML or CSV file for editing or processing with external programs;
- quiz questions and answers may be imported from CSV files (Excel, OpenOffice);
- support of “variants” and “complexity levels”: teachers can provide multiple sets of questions in one quiz (the class may be divided to several groups so each group is assigned with its own set of questions (variant) and/or with complexity level.
[New] Teacher can send files to students just by dragging them to the teacher console.
[New] Automatic collecting files from students.
Net Control 2 can monitor a special exchange folder, so any files saved or copied to this folder on student computers will be copied to teacher computers too. The teacher console includes new Received Files tool for easy management of collected files. The teacher can block receiving files from certain students, limit the file size, send files back to students after correction.
[Updated] Updated User Interface. No flickering of thumbnails.