Today we have published another minor update for Net Control 2 Classroom, Net Control 2 SmallClass and Net Control 2 PRO for Windows. This version provides improved support for remote logon operations in Windows 8 and 10. Now it is compatible with non standard logon screens and offers reliable logon procedure for logging in students remotely from the teacher’s seat. This version also fixes a couple of minor bugs and issues found in the code since the last update.
In addition to the Student Module for OS X for Net Control 2 Classroom (Standard Edition) released recently, we are happy to offer today the same product for Professional Edition (Net Control 2 PRO).
The Student Module for OS X for Professional Edition significantly extends features of Mobile Clients for OS X and is compatible with Connection Server version 12.
With the Student Module for OS X teachers can share their screen with students or a screen of any student with others, help students remotely using Remote Desktop features, apply Internet and Program restrictions, use various communication and teaching features, including polls, quizzes, messages, the virtual whiteboard and many other features. The full list of the supported features and other information, related to the new product you can find in the Student Module for OS X User Guide: https://www.netcontrol2.com/getfile.php?id=GUIDE212PR-MAC
The Student Module for Mac OS X is already available for all registered users of Net Control 2 Classroom and PRO version 12.xx in the Customer Area account, the “Downloads” section.
We are pleased to present today a new product in the line of the classroom management software solutions Net Control 2 Classroom, a user module for the Apple Mac OS X platform.
The new product greatly expands capabilities of Net Control 2 Mobile Client used on this platform previously, and, being specially designed for OS X, it provides a significantly more effective way for teaching, monitoring and co-working in classrooms equipped with Apple’s Mac computers, which use OS X operating system.
The Mac OS X user module is compatible with OS X versions 10.9 – 10.13 (Mavericks – High Sierra), and can be used on any hardware that is compatible with these operating systems.
Currently, the student module is available only in English, localization of the user interface into other languages is planned in the near future. The Student Module for OS X can work with the teacher modules running on OS X or Windows.
The list of supported features includes Broadcast Desktop tool (both sharing the student’s screen with others and displaying the shared teacher screen), Control/Remote Desktop tool, Internet and program restrictions, messages, polls, quizzes, rewards and grades, the Whiteboard, playback of Desktop Recorder records and other features. The full list of the supported features and other information, related to the new product you can find in the Student Module for OS X User Guide: https://www.netcontrol2.com/getfile.php?id=GUIDE212ST-MAC
The Student Module for Mac OS X is already available for all registered users of Net Control 2 Classroom version 12 in the Downloads section of your Customer Area account.
We are publishing today a minor update for Net Control 2 software in Classroom, Professional and SmallClass editions for Windows, which introduces several improvements in the user interface to make classroom management even simpler and easier. Version 12.02 is already available for download in your Customer Area account. Trial and evaluation versions are available as well.
The change log:
Improvements in the User Inteface: thumbnail positions in the free layout mode may be locked to prevent accidental moving on the workspace surface; thumbnails may be moved to front or background for better handing overlapped thumbnails. The thumbnail toolbar (that appears at right hand of the selected thumbnail) behavior was changed, the thumbnail may be disabled in the teacher module settings (N – Options – Optios; Interface page; “Show selected thumbnail toolbar”). Other minor GUI improvements.
Improvements in the file transfer subsystem, sending large files to student computers should be faster and will require less system resources.
Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
The teacher module Net Control 2 Classroom and Pro for Mac is updated to version 12.01.6550 and is already available for download in Downloads section of the Customer Area https://www.netcontrol2.com/cust/
Net Control 2 Tools and Features Guide is updated for version 12 and is available for download here:
Today we are publishing a next minor update for Net Control 2 Classroom, PRO and SmallClass version 12. Version 12.01 is already available for download!
The primary improvement of this version is the ability to broadcast a desktop image of a teacher or one of student computers together with the simultaneous audio playback of the system sound, i.e. the sound that is playing at this moment on the broadcasting computer.
This feature makes possible to broadcast video- and multimedia presentations that include audio, making the process of the broadcast and playback more complete and effective.
To turn on the system audio broadcast, within the Broadcast Desktop session, just click the “System sound” button on the Broadcast Desktop toolbar:
Our multiple international customers may estimate another improvement for Net Control 2 Professional Edition. It now provides full support for non-ANSI (non-Latin) characters in group names. Do not limit your fantasy in naming your groups anymore!
This update includes several other minor improvements and bug fixes for issues found since the last release.
All registered users of previous versions that are eligible for free upgrades to Net Control ² version 12, can access their new, updated license keys in Customer Panel right now.
“My Licenses” section contains your new license key, and “Downloads” section provides access to installation packages.
You do not need to contact us for free upgrade to version 12 additionally, your downloads and license information is already available in Customer Panel.
If you are not registered in Customer Panel yet, but have your registration name and key, you can register here. The process is automatic and you can access your updated registered user information in less than a minute.
If you are sure that you are eligible for the free upgrade, but your updated information is not present in Customer Panel, please contact us additionally for manual review.
Net Control 2 version 12 build 6508 provides better compatibility with high-resolution displays in Windows, which use non-standard scale factors; fixes several issues found in the previous build.
This “What’s new” document includes a detailed list of new features and improvements in Net Control ² Classroom Management Software version 12. Please also see the following article for additional information regarding this release.
- Two view types: basic and advanced. The Basic view provides simplified User Interface with the lesser interface elements in the main window, hides several operations that are intended for experienced users (command prompt, policies, file management). The view type may be selected at startup or changed later in the teacher module settings.
- Unconnected computers are visible in all editions. The teacher module remembers inverse connections and displays them in the teacher console even when they are unconnected. This behaviour may be changed in the teacher module settings.
- Teachers can rename inverse connections.
- Standard Edition supports only inverse connections. Users of previous versions, for compatibility with the existing settings and environment, may request a special version of Standard Edition with the support of direct connections.
- New search interface. Standard Edition can search the network for inverse connections, using quick search methods (multicast) and individual import of computers from text lists, network neighborhood, Active Directory and so on.
- Search by Lesson ID. Student Registration tool supports special “Lesson ID” parameter. When a student has entered some Lesson ID parameter in the Student Registration window, a teacher can search the network for this ID, found student computers will be added to the workspace.
- Temporary connections: found student connections may be marked as “permanent” or “temporary”. For permanent connections, the teacher module will be assigned to the student in its settings permanently, temporary connections will remain active until restart of the computer or the user log off.
- Connection by Teacher Session ID. Students can connect a teacher computer themselves by providing the teacher module session ID (may be found in the teacher console, on About tab). As another way of connecting teachers in 1-to-1 or BYOD scenarios.
- Student console on student computers may be shown remotely from the teacher console using the connection’s context menu command.
- Lesson resources. A teacher can create lesson resources, as a text description, a set of files that will be sent to students, a set of local resources (links to programs, local files and documents, Internet websites). When created, lesson resources will be copied, displayed and available for all students that are connected to the teacher. Teacher can save and re-use the lesson resources at any time.
- Three new animated backgrounds for quizzes, messages and polls.
- Text messages may be shown in a windowed mode.
- Timed text messages: the messages may be automatically closed after some specified time.
- Locked messages: student cannot close the message until the specified time elapses, or a teacher closes the message window remotely.
- Students can restore (show again) a last message sent by a teacher.
- In addition to .JPEG images, “Messages” and “Question” tools support sending custom images in .BMP, .PNG and .GIF formats.
- Poll (quick question): teacher can set up a think time to make a delay between displaying a question and ability to answer it.
- Poll (quick question). The “Require answer” option makes impossible for students to close the poll window without choosing some answer.
- Poll (quick queston): timed polls, the question will be displayed only within the specified time.
- Poll (quick question): student responses are arranged by answer time. The corresponding places in the competition are displayed as signs over thumbnails in the connection list. A special new button in the teacher console is intended for resetting the signs.
- Poll (quick question): after a poll, in a few clicks, a teacher can send messages to all students who answered correctly or incorrectly.
- Quiz: extended statistics. A teacher can monitor student replies in Quiz Monitor window, in popup messages or in detailed view in the table. The statistics include given and correct answers for each student.
- A short sound signal will be played when a student raises hand on his/her computer.
- Speech Manager: allows displaying video from the teacher’s webcamera on student computers.
- Remote Desktop and Broadcast Desktop support custom, application-defined, non-system cursors, like brushes, pens in graphics software.
- Broadcast Desktop: improved broadcast toolbar.
- Student registration supports special “restricted” mode, when enabled, students cannot bypass the registration.
- Lesson timer: the teacher can set up a lesson timer that is always visible in the teacher console.
- Dragging and dropping a .JPEG/.PNG file on the teacher module window from an external program, sends and displays this file on selected student computers.
- The battery status of a student computer is displayed in a popup connection status window, the low level battery notification is displayed as a popup sign over student connection.
- When a help request notification received from a student, a popup sign appears over the student connection.
- New help request interface in the teacher module: on a help request, a teacher can either begin a remote control session or chat with the requesting student.
- New Avatar view instead of “icons view” in previous versions. Student connections may be represented by a custom image (a photo for example) or an avatar. The teacher module includes built-in the avatar editor, where you can create customized avatars for students.
- Quick commands panel is displayed at right side of each selected connection for quick applying the most important commands.
- Connection status window includes connection time.
- Professional Edition: teacher settings and profiles may be stored on Connection Server computer.